Menu
Home Page
Home Page

About Us

Holy Apostles’ is a Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary School which was provided by Charles Cooke-Higgs in 1873 as part of the Foundation and Endowment of Holy Apostles’ Church. In July 1966, on the first centenary of Holy Apostles’ Church, the foundation stone of the present school was laid and, following three further stages of development, the completed school was blessed and dedicated by the Right Reverend Jeremy Walsh, Bishop of Tewkesbury, in May 1993.

 

Central to the education which we offer is the provision of Christian Religious Education and a daily act of worship for all pupils – in keeping with the school’s Church of England Foundation. A majority of the Governing Body membership is appointed by the Foundation and serves, in particular, to appoint staff and admit pupils.

 

Holy Apostles’ School is situated close to the centre of Cheltenham in a pleasant residential area on the edge of the Battledown estate and caters for pupils aged 4 to 11. There are seven bright, spacious class rooms, main hall, a well-stocked library and ICT suite, grouped around a central garden. The school is generally well equipped; enjoys a safe outdoor play area and a large field which provide ideal settings for sports and social events; and, although no pupil currently on the school roll is physically disabled, wheelchair access to the main school entrance is possible.

Top