Apply for Free School Meals
Since September 2014, the Children and Families Act 2014 places a legal duty on all state-funded schools in England to offer a free school lunch to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. This is known as Universal Infant Free School Meals or UIFSM.
UIFSM is different to Free School Meals (FSM). Your child might be able to get FSM if you receive the following :
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you are in receipt of one of the above benefits then please contact Gloucestershire Country Council by following the link below.